- The successful TV show 'Popstars The Rivals' was initially reluctant to allow ROI voting as they were unsure of the level of interest in the format.
- IVT pressed the issue along with a UK partner, RedFig, and were awarded the contract to provide real-time televoting facilities for the duration of the series.
- As with any live TV premium rate application, IVT's capacity and line volume were essential in pre-negotiation.
- ROI voters used a 1540 drop call tariff to register their votes.
- Using a secure HTTP post via the Internet, the UK service provider's voting tallies were automatically incremented by the Irish votes as they came in.
- The result was a voting total presented to the show in real-time which included both the UK and ROI results.
Televoting of this kind produces the largest amount of individual calls in a very short space of time, and the lines were only opened for less than 15 minutes. IVT's redundancy and backup facilities were crucial to the campaign's success as there is no room for error.
IVT are currently in pre-launch negotiations with UK partners to provide ROI premium rate voting facilities for several major Summer TV campaigns.
Available on request
< < Back to Case Studies